CPA Exam Registration Requirements
Credit Requirements: Minimum of 120 semester units, including Baccalaureate degree with concentration in Accounting OR AACSB-accredited Graduate Degree Minimum Degree Requirement: Baccalaureate Additional Requirements:
- Minimum of 24 semester hours of accounting courses, to include: courses in auditing, financial accounting, management accounting, and taxation.
- Financial Accounting (Intermediate Accounting meets this requirement) – 3 hours
- Auditing – 3 hours
- Taxation – 3 hours
- Cost or Management Accounting – 3 hours
- Other Accounting Courses – 12 hours; which include, but not limited to, Federal Taxation, Accounting Information Systems, Government/Not For-Profit Accounting, Fund Accounting, Accounting Internship, Accounting Seminar, Forensic Accounting, Accounting Systems and Control, Financial Statement Analysis, Intermediate Accounting I and II, Advanced Accounting, Government Accounting and Reporting, Accounting Theory and Assurance Services.
- Minimum of 24 semester hours of business courses. As many as 6 hours of accounting courses (not included in the 24 hours of accounting courses) may be considered for the business course requirement.
- Economics, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Management, Computer Information Systems – 3 hours each (Total of 18 hours)
- Other Business Courses – 6 hours; which include, but are not limited to: Business Law, Commercial Law, Legal Environment of Business, Organizational Behavior, Financial Management, Investments, Insurance, and Personal Financial Planning. No more than 6 semester hours of accounting courses (excluding principles or introductory accounting courses) can be considered business courses toward meeting the 48 minimum number of semester hours required for an accounting concentration or equivalent.
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship not required Minimum Age: None Additional Requirements: Applicants are not required to be a resident, employee, or keep office(s) in the state
|Initial Application or Transfer of Credit||$120.00|
|Audit and Attestation (AUD)||$208.40|
|Business Environment and Concepts (BEC)||$208.40|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)||$208.40|
Virgina Board of Accountancy 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 402 Henrico, Virginia 23233 Phone: 804-367-8505 Fax: 804-527-4409 CPA Examination Services: 804-367-1111 Connect with: Virginia Board of Accountancy
Contact CPA EXAM COACH to learn more about our solutions for passing the CPA Exam.
You may also email us at [email protected] to have your questions and concerns about the CPA Exam answered.
Register with CPA EXAM COACH and lets work together to get you passed.